This post may contain affiliate links.
Here are a few crochet patterns to make a “baby yoda” crochet amigurumi pattern.
Adorable and mysterious, Baby Yoda is no doubt the best character in the new Star Wars show, The Mandalorian.
Even if you haven’t watched the show, you’ve likely seen a Baby Yoda meme or three on Instagram.
Would you like to crochet your own? In this post, you’ll find a list of our favorite Baby Yoda-inspired crochet patterns.
Supplies You’ll Need
Here are some of the supplies and tools that you’ll need to crochet a little green alien. Of course, you should always read the instructions of the particular pattern you choose for more details.
- Yarn: Some of the patterns use worsted-weight yarn, and some call for other yarn weights. If you’re going with worsted-weight yarn, try Red Heart Super Saver in the colors Frosty Green and Cafe Latte. The color “Buff” would also look good.
- Hook: If your pattern calls for worsted-weight yarn, you might need a crochet hook in Size G (4.0) or size H (5.0)
- Toy Stuffing: You’ll need some Poly-Fil or other toy stuffing to give shape to your amigurumi. The size and shape of the plush will also depend on how tightly you stuff it. I recommend stuffing the plush pretty firmly for the best shape.
- Safety Eyes. Some patterns will call for a pair of safety eyes. But remember, crochet fabric stretches, and even large safety eyes can be pulled out with heavy use. If you are making plush toys for a child, use an almond-shaped piece of black or dark brown felt instead!
- Tapestry Needle.
Here are some other common amigurumi techniques that you’ll need to know to crochet these plushie patterns.
- Single Crochet Decrease (Sc2tog)
- Single Crochet (sc)
- Slip Stitch (sl st)
- Invisible Decrease (Sc2tog): Insert the hook in front loop only of first st, insert hook in front loop only of second st (3 loops on hook), yo and draw through 2 loops, yo and complete sc as normal.
Baby Yoda Crochet Patterns
Here is a collection of our favorite baby yoda crochet patterns.
Customizable Bear Cub Amigurumi Crochet Doll
Here's a super cute pattern for a brown bear cub pattern - but don't worry - it also comes with the optional rabbit ears. Even if this is your first time making an amigurumi doll, this pattern will be very easy to follow!
Baby Yoda Amigurumi pattern
If you're looking for a mini version, check out this free Baby Yoda Amigurumi pattern.
Bounty Hunter and Mini Baby Alien Amigurumi
Two are better than one! This adorable pattern contains easy instructions along with pictures on how to make your own Bounty Hunter and Mini Baby Alien amigurumi.
Yoda Inspired Newborn Outfit
Maybe you'd like to crochet a Yoda-inspired outfit, instead. In that case, check out this pattern bundle that features a hat, diaper cover, and saber. The diaper cover is newborn size only, but the pattern includes two hat sizes: newborn and 0-3 months.
Alien Mentor Hooded Scarf
Want a Grogu-inspired hat for yourself? Try this cute hooded scarf pattern, complete with alien ears.
Baby Yoda Ornament Free Crochet Pattern
Here's a super quick pattern that you can use to make Baby Yoda holiday decorations. It's worked in rows, not rounds, so it's great for beginners.
More Crochet Patterns
For more information about crochet, including beginner crochet tutorials and free easy crochet patterns, be sure to check out the following articles.
- How to Crochet: 6 Basic Crochet Stitches for Beginners
- Easy Crochet Hat Pattern – Chunky Ribbed Beanie
- How to Crochet a Scarf for Beginners – Free Pattern
- Classic Crochet Baby Booties with Folded Cuff – Free Pattern
Sarah Stearns has helped thousands of makers find their next craft project with free patterns and step-by-step tutorials on her blog, sarahmaker.com. Read more.
With over a decade of experience in knitting and crochet, she has been featured in prominent publications like The New York Times, Scientific American, Good Housekeeping, Vox, Apartment Therapy, and Lifehacker.
Friday 26th of May 2023
Could I ask where do I get the pattern from as I cannot see it anywhere.
Thursday 13th of April 2023
Yours looks different than the suggested Ravelry pattern. Is there a pattern for the one at the top? The amigurumi you made?
Monday 2nd of January 2023
Is this pattern no longer available?
Tuesday 3rd of January 2023
Yes, it's no longer available. But the list above includes some other great patterns.
Tuesday 20th of December 2022
Is this pattern not available anymore I started and hadn't finished yet is there anywhere I can get the pattern?
Sunday 18th of December 2022
I would like to make the Baby Yoda that is shown at the beginning of this site but I am having trouble finding the pattern. Can you please direct me?